The PS3 12Gb is the basic/older video model by PlayStation.
Customers can request an upgrade to PS3 500 Gb (Extra fee)
Due to the degree of hand/eye coordination required for games, the PS3 is generally designed to be played by kids ages 7+
1. The 12Gb model has a relativey small hard drive
2. Requires swapping disks for different games
1. The 500 Gb model has a larger hard drive
2. You can load multiple games on the hard drive
3. Hard drive play is quieter
4. You can download games from the internet
5. You can play regular videos
*** The industry trend is moving over to PS4 which has a 500Gb hard drive.
Registration and Internet Access:
- all console registration and warranty registration are the responsibililty of the customer
- prior to shipping we test to make sure the console works
- we do not connect it to the internet - which is required for you to register your unit
- you will need to go online to create an account and set your security access choices.
- by law, we are not allowed to sell video games
- games that work with PS3 won't work with PS4 systems (or vice versa)
- there is a large variety of "age appropriate" games in a variety of categories
- game disks can be purchased from major retailers like GameStop, Wal-Mart etc
- games can also be downloaded from the internet
- from time to time, PlayStation will include a promotional game disk.
- the same game(s) may not be included the next time we order hardware
- all controller security brackets are made of rugged steel to last the lifetime of the game system
- there are separate controller brackets custom designed for each type of controller
Accessories: (We do not provide)
See all the PS3 Accessories
For technical operating questions, please visit the Sony website https://support.us.playstation.com as well as other blog sites and forums.
Toviga is not responsible for any game selection, internet connections, parental control settings or other console operating issues.